Creative Writing Workshop – Roomers
Roomers provides weekly writing workshops, aiming to give residents:
- an outlet to publish their creative work;
- the opportunity and incentive to improve literacy, creative and communication skills;
- access to a skilled mentor;
- access to current agency information from a resident perspective;
- a means of reducing social isolation and encouraging community participation
Almost all contributors to Roomers are local residents or ex-residents of rooming houses, private hotels or supported residential services in St Kilda, South and Port Melbourne.
- Workshops run at Elwood Neighbourhood House on Tuesdays from 10.30am – 12.30pm
- To participate you will need to make an appointment with the Roomers Facilitator. You can do this by contacting us via email or phone using the details below.
To view the latest issue of the Roomers magazine (Issue 72), click here!
If you would like to find out more information please visit: www.roomers.org.au
Or contact us at [email protected] or 9531 1954.