Elwood St Kilda Neighbourhood Learning Centre Inc. (ESNLC) employs effective financial management procedures in place to ensure sound financial practice. This policy outlines the basis on which ESNLC administers refunds of fees and charges.
This policy applies to clients and relevant ESNLC staff and contractors (who must know ESNLC Refund Policies and Procedures).
ESNLC has a fair and equitable refund / cancellation policy which is made available to all clients on our website www.esnlc.com.au/refund-policy and also made available to our pre-accredited training clients via the enrolment form, and to Room Hirers via the Terms & Conditions for Room Hire.
Where a client has been expelled / excluded from ESNLC programs and / or services due to a breach of the ESNLC Code of Conduct, ESNLC management will review each case on its individual merits when deciding whether to pay a refund in such circumstances.
It is the responsibility of the client to provide written notice, within the required time frame, of:
- Changes to, or cancellation of, Room Hire bookings
- Withdrawal from our courses / workshops by submitting a completed Course Refund / Withdrawal Form along with supporting documentation. Course Refund / Withdrawal forms may be requested from reception in person or via [email protected]. Clients requiring assistance with completing a Course Refund / Withdrawal form may contact reception.
If an ESNLC program or service booking is cancelled by ESNLC, without fault of the client a full refund will be given.
Refunds will be issued in the same manner the fees were paid. e.g. if the client paid their fees using a credit card, the refund amount will be credited to the same credit card.
Approved refunds will only be processed if the fees have been cleared through ESNLC’s bank account.
All client refund details are placed in their files.
ESNLC Courses / Workshops
- It is the responsibility of the client to provide written notice of withdrawal from our courses / workshops by submitting a completed Course Refund / Withdrawal Form. Supporting documentation is also required where extenuating circumstances apply.
- Refund / Withdrawal requests will be approved / denied within 10 working days and clients will be notified in writing of the outcome of their application along with the reasons why it was declined (if applicable).
- Course / Workshop clients have the right to access ESNLC Participants Complaints & Appeals Policy if they wish to appeal ESNLC’s decision. The availability of the Complaints & Appeals Policy does not remove the right of the client to take action under Australian’s Consumer Protection Law.
- The following refund terms and conditions apply if a client withdraws from a course / workshop:
- Where a client withdraws from a course / workshop, written notice must be provided at least 5 business days prior to the course commencement date, for a full refund to be given, less a $10 Administration Fee. The Administration Fee will be deducted from the refund. In the event a client opts to defer to the next available intake, or to transfer to another course / workshop rather than request a refund, approval will be at the discretion of ESNLC.
- No refund will be given once a course has commenced, unless the client can provide evidence of extenuating circumstances (e.g. illness, disability, bereavement). The decision of assessing the extenuating circumstances rests with the Manager and shall be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- Clients undertaking courses / workshops with government funding are not eligible for refunds.
- If ESNLC is unable to deliver a course / workshop, clients will be offered a refund of all the course money paid to date. In the unlikely event a course is cancelled after the course starts but before the course is completed ESNLC will refund the pro-rata portion of fees.
ESNLC Room Hire
- It is the responsibility of the client to notify ESNLC in writing, if they need to change or cancel their booking, at least 7 days prior to the booked date. Failure to provide 7 days’ notice of a booking cancellation or change to room hire booking, will result in the standard hire fees being charged (no refund).
- The Contract of Hire will not affect any right which ESNLC may have to recover money owing and or to recover damages from the Hirer.
- A bond fee of $100 for Hirers is payable in addition to the appropriate hiring fee, payable via cash, card or direct debit when a key is collected. Alternatively, the Hirer can agree to store their card on file via the ESNLC POS system with the knowledge the full bond will be charged if conditions of hire are breached. The security bond is for any damage to the building and/or breaches of conditions of hire. The return of the provided key to an ESNLC staff member at the front reception within three business days, or as alternatively agreed in writing with ESNLC, is required to receive the full refund of the bond. Subject to the conditions of hire, the bond will be refundable on return of the key. If the key is not returned due to loss/carelessness, the bond will not be returned. In the event the key is subsequently found and returned the bond fee will be returned less a $10 Administration Fee.
- If ESNLC cancels the booking without fault of the Hirer a full refund will be issued.