Intermediate Computers Class
Learn to use Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Power Point to an intermediate level. Includes an introduction to iPads, tablets and smart phones. In this class you’ll also create a LinkedIn Profile and use multimedia skills on the internet including online marketing.
- Tuesday 9:30am-3pm
- Each term starts at the same time as children’s public school terms. You must join the class at the beginning of the term.
- Duration: 10 weeks
- Cost: $100 ($70 conc.)
Module 1: Introduction to Computers
- Lesson 1: Computer Hardware
- Lesson 2: Computer Operating Systems and Applications
- Lesson 3: Saving and Storing on Desktop and Laptop Computers
Module 2: Productivity Tools
- Lesson 1: Word Processing
- Lesson 2: Spreadsheets
- Lesson 3: Multimedia Presentations
Module 3: The Internet, Email, and Communicating Online
- Lesson 1: The Internet
- Lesson 2: Email
- Lesson 3: Online Communication
Module 4: Keeping Safe Online
- Lesson 1: Strong Passwords
- Lesson 2: Your Digital Footprint
- Lesson 3: Online Scams
- Lesson 4: Web Site Evaluation
- Lesson 5: Safe Online Shopping
Module 5: Social Media and Online Communities
- Lesson 1: Social Networks and Online Communities
- Lesson 2: Media Sharing
- Lesson 3: Safety for Social Media
Call 9531 1954 for more information.
Students need to fill out an enrolment form per class, and payment is required before the course starts to secure a place.
Click here to find out more about enrolment in this class.