Reception and Administration Training Course
This course is designed to provide the on the job skills and experience required to undertake a range of tasks and procedures required to work as a receptionist/office administrator. This is a great opportunity to get practical work experience in an office on your resume. A commitment of 8 hours per week will be required for training over approximately a 6 month period, this includes 3.5 hours on-the-job, 3 hours classwork and up to 1.5 hours of homework. Students will be given a training manual and required to complete a series of tasks covering the following topics under the daily supervision of a trainer.
General skills covered by the course include:
- Telephone skills
- Interaction with clients
- Use of business technology
- Workplace safety procedures
- Financial documents
- Handling mail
- Time management
Many students have gone on to employment or further training after completing this course and learning the skills required.
For more information please contact Simone Jamieson on 9531 1954 or email@example.com
There are three components to this training package. It will be delivered between 20-24 weeks and you will be expected to have at least a 75% attendance rate.
- Weekly On-the-job training in the reception area of the Elwood St Kilda Neighbourhood Learning Centre- 87 Tennyson Street Elwood for 3.5 hours plus lunch break (available either Monday, Tuesday or Thursday from 10am – 2pm).
- Classroom delivery for 3 hours weekly (Wednesday 12.30pm-3.30pm)
- Homework for up to 1.5 hours a week.
Training delivered by:
Call 9531 1954 to organise a small interview with the coordinator before taking up placement.